Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Mock Drafts Research

Yesterday, I must have looked at close to 10-15 mock drafts, ranging from the Hockey News, to NHL.com, to the regular blogger coming up with his/her own prediction, and I found out the following players have been frequently ranked anywhere from 20th-30th place:

1) Stefan Elliot D, 2) Tim Erixon D, 3) Calvin De Haan D, 4) Kyle Palmieri RW/C,
5) Chris Kreider C, 6) Landon Ferraro C, 7) Peter Holland C, 8) Drew Shore D, 9) David Rundblad D, 10) Jeremy Morin LW

Now, assuming the Islanders cannot trade up, the player who was chosen the most to be drafted by the Islanders was Calvin De Haan. That's not a bad choice to have considering he was traded for John Tavares in the OHL this year. He does not have the size the Islanders are looking for, but he may be hard to pass up.

Personally he's not my first choice for that second pick. If this list is a true evaluation of the players available, then my choice would be Tim Erixon. I like someone with bloodlines, and in this case I'll take him over Ferraro, because Ferraro may be available with the 31st pick in the draft. If the Islanders have Kreider in that slot, I think you have to go with offense with that pick, and decide on a defensman with the 31st pick. I've stated in the past, the Islanders need quality scoring with size in the first round, but if Kreider is taken, then you go with Erixon.

No comments: