Saturday, September 24, 2011

Coliseum May Have A New Plan

According to the Fourthperiod.com:



A group of business developers and community planners unveiled a plan for a privately financed redevelopment of the Islanders' home arena, Nassau Coliseum, and its surrounding 77-acre property. According to New York Newsday, the estimated cost for the project is roughly $347 million.

If not for work I would have posted this earlier, but I have to admit, this is good news considering the timing of it. To be honest I wasn't expecting to hear anything about a new arena until later on in the spring. As long as there are still ideas floating around for me there is some minor reassurance the Islanders are not moving. For now, they have a lease for another 3-4 years, so I can expect hockey on Long Island for at least that long.






No comments: