Monday, May 04, 2009

Wangs Regrets

For the past month, Charles Wang stated on WFAN that if he had to do it all over again, he would not. After what he's been through, fair enough, and fans should be grateful. Now there is enough news coverage all over the web, and bloggers who are making an emphasis on how much money Wang has lost, and how Long Island needs the Lighthouse Project (which would take 10 years to complete by the way), and they will continue to apply media pressure on the Town of Hempstead, but not this blogger.

In all honesty, I live in Pa. I don't live there. I don't have a vote in Hempstead, and to be honest I may not even have a big say as a blogger because of where I live. However, I do contribute to the Islanders by going to at least 3-5 games a year, and spending money on tolls, and parking, and so forth. As a traveling fan, I would not mind if the Islanders made the move to Queens. Less travel, and less money on tolls, and I would get home earlier. But I enjoy the Coliseum, the noise of a packed crowed, the atmosphere, and the travel isn't really that bad (2 hours is the average each way). I can visit a few relatives, and have dinner there, and then go see the game.

Whatever the outcome of the Islanders may be, as long as they are within a reasonable travel distance, I will be there. For next year it's still in Nassau. That's all I'm concerned with. Let's wait and see about the 2010-2011 season when that happens. Who knows, we may find out in October, or after Hempstead has gone through the elections coming up in November. There is still too much time for people to think about this everyday. Leave that to the people who are actually involved.

No comments: